How to Fill out China Online Visa Application Form
Important: Save Application ID
Given Name should be first name + middle name as appear in your passport
Choose photo with pure white background to avoid upload problems.
Work experience (at least 5 years) is required. Highest education received is required.
This Section is a little tricky. Follow the sample.
After confirm, you won't be able to make any changes. Do not click Confirm and Next button, until we pre-check your application.
Please pay attention to the following:
- Personal information: Your name, gender, date of birth, nationality, passport number, etc. must match exactly those on the passport information page.
- Given name: Please note that in US passports, the middle name is part of Given names, and should be entered here exactly as shown in your US passport.
- Other names: Enter any other names you used, if you changed your name before.
- Name as written in native language: For Chinese descendants, write name in Chinese characters. For others, please write your full name here.
- National ID number: please use your driver's license number or passport number, not SSN.
- Former nationality(ies)：If you are a naturalized citizen, enter your original citizenship here (e.g. China).
- Visa details: Enter 120 months for 10-year visa, and select Multiple Entries (For M, L, Q2, S2).
- Work experience
- Provide work history after college, or at least recent 5 years.
- The “position” and “duty” (form fields 3.3D and 3.3E) are needed, even though it shows optional online.
- Phone number section: Enter 1 as country code for the US and 86 as country code for China. When you enter phone number, do not enter space or dash, enter only digits.
- Highest education only.
- Major in 4.2D is needed.
The address of the spouse is asking for the current address, not the place of birth.
For deceased parents, check "Not applicable", then enter "Deceased".
- Phone Numbers
Country code for USA is 001, Country code for China is 0086. When you enter the phone number, please do not type in space or dash. Enter the digits only.
- Itinerary under information About Your Intended Trip: Please enter the address in the city of your stay.
- Accompanying person(s):
For US passport holder, always answer No (even for a baby).
- Sign and date on both the Confirmation Page and page 8: must be handwritten by the applicant him/herself.
- Signatures for 18 or younger: sign by their guardian
- Confirmation page: write child's name, then sign your name, then add (by mother or father)
- Page 8: write child's name in the Applicant's signature, then sign your name in 9.1A, then add (by mother or father). You will need to complete 9.2A-D and sign your name in 9.2E.
Quick link for the China Online Visa Application Form