China Tourist Visa Application Requirements (L Visa)
China Tourist visa is issued to those who intend to go to China for touring, sightseeing or visiting friends. It is usually issued for up to 60 days stay per visit and multiple entry valid up to 10 years for US passport holder, while it is usually issued up to 60 days stay per visit but only for single or double entry valid for 3 or 6 months for non-US passport holder. 10 years visa is not guaranteed. Chinese Consulate may issue you a visa with limited entry, shorter duration and validity at their discretion. In order to apply for China Tourist Visa, please prepare and send in your application according to the detail requirement explained below.
Please prepare your application paperwork according to the instruction below
1 Actual passport, plus a photocopy of the name page
- Passport should have sufficient validity left. Minimum 6 months validity beyond travel date is required for single entry visa, 12 months validity is required for multiple entry. If you need passport services, please visit our expedited passport services section.
- Visa will be issued in the passport. Passport must have at least 2 blank visa pages. The last 3 pages in US passports are amendment pages, reserved by the US Department of State for amendment to the passport. They won't be acceptable for visas. If your passport has no blank visa pages left, you must renew your passport first. Please visit our expedited passport services section, if passport service is needed.
- If you have a valid China visa in another passport, you will need to submit that passport together with the new passport when applying for a new visa. A photocopy of that visa and passport is also required.
- Non-US passport holders must provide a notarized photocopy of the proof of legal stay or residence status in the US, such as Green Card or a valid long term US residence visa.
- Please choose the correct Chinese Consulate or Embassy which serves your state. More about jurisdiction.
- Your photo must be uploaded successfully.
- The Surname, Given Name you fill MUST match exactly as shown in your passport's bio page. Check your passport before fill them in.
- Gender, Date of birth, Nationality, Passport number, etc. must be exactly the same as the passport bio page.
- All entries in the form must be filled in truthfully, accurately, and completely. Any mistakes or omissions will cause the visa application to be rejected.
* For Work Experience: position, duty, must be filled out completely. If your work experience is more than 10 years, at least 10 years of that should be provided.
* For Education: Both College and High school information should be provided. College Diploma/Degree, Major must be filled out completely.
* Spouse's address, Parents address must be the current address of where they are staying, must be COMPLETE ADDRESS including street, city, state, country.
* Entries that are "NOT APPLICABLE" need a statement to back up, and must be explained in detail.
- Remarks: You won't be able to edit the information after you submit the form. Please email us for a pre-check before submission.
- Please print out and submit only single-sided pages of the application, not back to back.
3 One recent passport-type photograph
4 Round-trip flight and hotel confirmation OR invitation letter
- Photocopy of round-trip flight confirmation. Please highlight your name.
- Hotel confirmation with applicant name as guest. Please highlight your name.
- Do not staple them together. Paper clip is fine.
- If you are visiting someone in China and don't have hotel reservation, please provide an invitation letter.
- Invitation letter must include the following items:
(a) Personal information of the application: name, gender, date of birth, passport number, etc.
(b) Information concerning the applicant's visit to China: purpose of the visit, date of arrival and leaving, places to visit, relationship between the applicant and the inviter, and who will bear the cost of the applicant's accommodations in China.
(c) Information of the inviter: name of the individual, phone number, address and signature of the inviter.
- If an invitation letter is provided, a photocopy of inviting person's Chinese Identity card's (Shenfengzhen) both sides is required. If the inviter is not a Chinese citizen, a photocopy of the inviter's passport, together with a photocopy of inviter's China residence permit is required.
What kind of flight and hotel confirmation is acceptable?
Click for a sample invitation letter
Please refer to the link below for samples and hints and
guideline on how to comply with the new requirement:
- Specify your return address by submitting the service request form online. It's OK that your mailing address is different from your home address.
- Specify your email address so that confirmation
and status update can be sent to you via email during the process.
- Multiple applicants can be entered using one service request form.
- Please print two copies of the confirmation page.
- Please include one copy with the documents you ship to
us and keep one copy for your record.
6 Payment for visa processing, service and shipping
2 - 3 Weeks
- Service fees varies based on different consulates.
- Return Shipping Fee of $36 via FedEx will apply.
- Please email us the service request confirmation number once submitted.
- We will email you a invoice for the payment.
- You may pay service fee by credit card online. Credit card payment is subject to 3.6% surcharge.
7 Additional requirement based on jurisdiction
- Although the requirement for Chinese visa largely remains the same across different Chinese Consulates, there are some special rules pertaining to each different Consulate. Click here to see if there is additional requirement for your jurisdiction.
8 Additional requirement for minor
- Applicants of age 18 and under need to provide a photocopy of their birth certificate and both parents' passport name page.
- One of the parents must sign the application form using parent's name in both section 4 and 5.
- Minor applicant may be required to provide a notarized letter of consent from the parent, if that parent is not applying for the visa at the same time.
9 Additional requirement for Chinese descendants
Our Mailing Address
To prevent delay caused by any errors or omissions, please email us at: email@example.com a scanned copy or images of the complete application paperwork for a pre-check. We will email you the detailed shipping instruction once the pre-check is completed.