No Criminal Record Report Authentication for use in China
You may be required to provide a no criminal record authenticated by Chinese Embassy or Consulate for employment in China.
This document is also called non criminal history report, background check, criminal background check, police record or good conduct certificate, etc.
You will need to contact with your local, state or Federal authority to obtain the report and have it authenticated by the respective State or Federal office. This report needs to be further authenticated by the respective Chinese Consulate or Embassy before it can be used in China. VisaRite can help you to obtain the authentication from Chinese Consulate or Embassy.
In order for us to help you, you will need to complete Step 1 through Step 5 first.
STEP 1 - Obtain No Criminal Record Report
The No Criminal Record Report should be signed by the relevant official and notarized properly.
There are three options for the report: local level, state level or Federal level. For most people, local or state level should be sufficient. Please do check with your employer for requirement.
If local or state background check is sufficient, please go to your local police department where you reside or last resided in the United States or contact the Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division of your state, request to conduct a state criminal records search and provide you with a document reflecting that there is no history of a criminal record.
If nation wide background check is required, please contact with FBI for report.
STEP 2 - Authenticated by the Secretary of State
- Every document should be authenticated separately by the Secretary
of State. Once authenticated, the staple(s)
must not be removed, or it will invalidate the document.
- When you submit the document to secretary of your state, please indicate
the document will be used in China. The document should be authenticated.
Apostille is not recognized in China. It should be Authentication
instead of Apostille. Click here for state authentication sample.
- Federal document and document issued in DC jurisdiction must be further authenticated by the US Department of State (Federal level) after authentication by your state's secretary office (state level). States under DC jurisdiction include Delaware, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming and Washington DC.
- FBI No Criminal Report should be authenticated directly by the US Department of State. No notary or state authentication is needed.
STEP 3 - Authentication Application Form (G1)
STEP 4 - Select a Service The authentication
fees vary depending on type of the documents and level of service
- Regular 7-15 business days processing: US$139.00/per document
Consular Fee: $25.00 + Service Fee: $85.00 + Return shipping fee:
(Service fee is reduced to $50 for each additional document, total for each additional document is $75, if the documents can be processed in the same jurisdiction.)
- Express 5-6 business days processing: US$179.00/per document
Consular Fee: $45.00 + Service Fee: $105.00 + Return shipping fee:
(Service fee is reduced to $70 for each additional document, total for each additional document is $115, if the documents can be processed in the same jurisdiction.)
- Processing time means the time Chinese Consulate needs to process your application. First day of receiving is not processing day. Weekend and holiday doesn't count.
- Additional shipping fee applies, if shipping to Alaska and anywhere other than continental USA.
Forms of Payment:
- Payment needs to be in forms of money order, cashiers check, bank check,
certified check, company check or cash. Company check may need a few extra days to clear. Please make check or money order
payable to VisaRite Service. Personal check or credit card payment
is not accepted.
- Fee reduction are valid for additional documents issued in the same state.
STEP 5 - Complete Service Request Form
Click here for Service Request Form
- Please specify your service level and return address by submitting the service request form online.
- Please provide email address and phone so that confirmation and status update can be sent to you during the process.
- Please include one copy of service request confirmation with the documents you ship to us and keep one copy for your record.
STEP 6 - Send the Application Package to VisaRite Service
Put all following items together in one package
- The original notarized and authenticated document, and a photo copy of each single page. You may fold page when making copies.
Do not unstaple, or it will invalidate the document.
- One clearly and completely filled "Application Form for Authentication ".
- Copy of the passport of the applicant.
- In cases of commercial authentication, a copy of the company´s license or proof of good standing of the company are required.
- Cashier's check or money order payable to VisaRite Service Inc to cover the total cost.
Please send your application with all required
items listed above by FedEx,
register mail or other traceable courier service to:
VisaRite Service Center
460 Van Emburgh Ave
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
Tel: (201) 445-7088
- The processing time is Consulate processing time and doesn't include the return shipping time. First day of receiving is not processing day.
- Above fee including the Consulate fee, VisaRite service fee, and return shipping fee by FedEx.